Some of
MY
GIFTS :)
Merry Christmas Friends!
I will have to say that I love this season, but I love it even more that I am not really one of those people that stresses out about the lights on my house (we have none :)- in fact we have 2 little lit trees outside of our door, but on one tree 1/2 of the lights have already burnt out- it looks reeeeeeaaaaaaal niiiiiiice, the decorations- my house certainly wouldn't make it into Southern Living Magazine that's for sure, maybe one day it will- but it hasn't yet- or what to buy - if in doubt I give moo-lah - seems a little impersonal - but who doesn't like to buy themselves something right? or pay a bill with it- heck I don't care!
I don't want to make it sound like I don't enjoy buying gifts because I do- I just don't believe in stressing to "get Christmas Done".
Why?
Christmas was done for us many years ago when God sent his son - that my friends is the REASON to Celebrate!
I have been telling my kiddos for the whole month now when they keep say "I want....." I say "this is the season of giving not getting"- they have heard it so much that they can now finish my sentence for me :)
I really enjoy the giving part! It makes me happy!
When we first moved to Harrisonburg 5 years ago- technically I was un-employed. Chick-fil-A Harrisonburg wasn't going to open until January 26th- We had just moved- and we had very little extra! So that year from Santa brought Ben B who was almost 2 a basketball goal and Ellie Grace a Cinderella bike- and that was basically it! I Remember EllieGrace riding her brand new bike in circles around out house- since we didn't have very much furniture- (haha still don't for those of you who have been to my house)- that was the best Christmas EVER!!!
WE have kept with that tradition- to us less is more and spending time with each other is the best! We love to go to the movies on Christmas and this year we are going to brave the Waffle house instead of Jess'! I can't wait!
All the while reminding ourselves that this is the season of GIVING- and sharing with others whether it be out time and our family or gifts we are going to Share!
So make sure that you take time to (Reindeer) Paws and Thank God for sending Jesus to us as the Ultimate Gift!! I am overjoyed for the Ultimate Gift that was given special for me!
WOWZA!
So Merry Merry Christmas to you all!
Ashley b

No comments:
Post a Comment