Thursday, November 25, 2010

Again - I am overwhelmed for all I have to be Thankful for!

Today is Thanksgiving and I continue to reflect on all the things that I am Thankful for!
 This morning, I was privileged to run the Turkey Trot in Fredericksburg, VA with Greg B.  WE crossed the finish line at the same time-Our sweet Children had made us signs - and again I was overwhelmed with all I have to be Thankful for.  My Sweet Family
Having a Chick-fil-A in the mall for so many years gave Holidays a whole new meaning- BUSY SHOPPING DAYS meant to maximize our customers while we had them in the mall so we weren't able to go "home" for Thanksgiving or Christmas - so we had to start new family traditions.
For the past 2 years, WE have traveled to Fredericksburg to run the turkey trot and have Thanksgiving (last year it was only breakfast) with our Chick-fil-A family.  Again I am overwhelmed by all I have to be Thankful for.- Great Friends 
This Year My Real family got a special "Thanksgiving"Blessing- My baby brother and his wife had their baby yesterday (the day before Thanksgiving) so I am an Aunt again :) Again I am overwhelmed with all that I have to be Thankful for.  I would say next year we will have to make it to TN for little Brady's first birthday- but I won't wish his life away.
So we traveled home and ate grilled cheese sandwiches and wrote on our 4's what we are Thankful for and hung them up in our kitchen.
It is really a good idea to pause and be thankful, but not just during this season, but we should be pause and be thankful everyday-
Give Thanks to the Lord for HE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment