Friday, November 11, 2011

Doing the right thing

in the light of this Penn State scandal- What the heck people? Let's do the right thing- Reporting things to the "correct officials" I get that- but what about the moral duty of reporting right and wrong? To me if you see something that isn't right- especially what that fella saw - goodness gracious- you TELL! You tell until someone does something about it!
My family has often watched that show "what would you do?" where ABC stages certain situations to see if people react- such as a guy verbally abusing or physically abusing his girlfriend or people belittling their children in public.  Sometimes people just pass by and stare and do nothing.  Other times people actually say something.  WE have often times asked ourselves "what would we do?"- and I would like to think that I would stand up and say something - stand up for the people that can't stand up for themselves- I hope I would.- Every night when I say prayers with my children we say "Help ...... do the right thing even when it's hard."  and yes sometimes it is hard to do the right thing, but in the end doing what is right is always the best thing.

A little randomness:
*I like dark chocolate- even though it is kind of bitter.
*I try to make sure that I really hydrate the day before I run, however, most of the time I forget and i end up drinking most of my water at the end of the day and into the night so I am up peeing all night long- but I am well hydrated for the next day.
*I do not like decorations after the holiday- Once the holiday is over I can't get the decorations down fast enough!
*The Angus Beef Cheeseburgers that are frozen from costco are so delicious.
*EllieGrace is growing up and she is so beautiful I can't stand it!
*A peppermint chocolate chip milkshake from Chick-fil-A is like Christmas in your mouth! YUM!
*Christmas is the season of giving!
*I have made the cutest Christmas card ever on Snapfish!
*I love Suave Rosemary Mint Shampoo even though it is probably like putting gasoline on your hair-
*I am getting into pintrest a little
*I have friends of all ages
*I love to Live!

No comments:

Post a Comment