On our trip to Myrtle Beach, SC- This picture reminds me - Jesus' Love stretches far beyond what we can ever imagine and "I love you this much"
Another picture from our MB, SC photo shoot with my college sorority sister Savvy Alli :)
Nashville , TN the Women's Half Marathon with my BFF Nanny Sarah D
NYC Excellence Tour with CFA Buddies
Captain Americas invade NYC
Me and Kelsey with crazy glasses
VEGAS BABY with my Love!
Jimmy Buffet in Vegas
Well- It has certainly been a while since I have blogged- Summer ended- school started- I was a US traveler- TO TN to run by 3rd Half marathon with my bff Sarah D- Great times- To NYC with my fellow CFA boys to do an excellence tour- Home to MB, SC with my family and adopted out of college daughter Kelsey- and then to VEGAS with my Love and some of my besties! Then home for Greg B to have some minor surgery on his heel. One thing that both of us found out- I wasn't cut out to be a nurse- in fact- after he was off most of his pain meds he told me that I was mean- Ha imagine that-
I didn't think I was being mean- just matter of fact- there is a difference right? Anyway- he is healing up very nicely and doesn't require my assistance for bathtime anymore- which I think he is a little disappointed about- haha ( in his words- A man can dream right?)
It is so good to be home and back to the grind-
One thing that I have thought a lot about is comparisons. Comparisons can be good right? HMMM sometimes- but I think that they can also be very dangerous. Take kids birthday parties for instance- many times moms have these elaborate birthday parties for their kiddos- Hey nothing wrong with that especially if that is your gift and you are very crafty- but what happens to the mom that comes and who isn't that crafty and then compares the birthday party that they are going to have for their child to the one that their child has recently been to and decides it isn't good enough and then it gets all out of control- and a happy celebration becomes a big stress and a big money pit. I decided that I would remedy that a long time ago- I give each of my kids $100 not to have a party- Guess what- They take it-. Hey I'm not saying everyone should do this- by any means- I just know me.
Think about it- we do it all the time- compare ourselves to others, compare our children to each other and to others, compare our bodies to other peoples- sometimes we may say- "I don't look as good as they do, or my child isn't as good at..... as their brother was, or we may even say Gosh I look just as good, or my child is better than .....- Do you see-
I am not saying that I never do this or have never done this, but I really try and reel myself back in when I start-
I think it is dangerous- I try to compare myself to myself- that way I am comparing apples to apples right? I think we can do this with sin in our lives too- We look at other peoples sin and take the focus off of our own and off of Jesus- Dangerous-
I want to be better than I was yesterday- I want my business to be better than it was yesterday- that is another area where I have to be careful about comparisons- when I may visit another restaurant or even another Chick-fil-A I can say- Well my team is better than that or our food is better than theirs- or our place is cleaner than that restaurant..... instead of keeping my focus where it needs to be- Making my business better than the day before- striving for excellence all day every day.- now that was a tangent-
So as we enter into this season of thanksgiving- I am going to be thankful for my MANY blessings- OH I am so blessed in so many different ways and I am going to continue to watch those comparisons!



No comments:
Post a Comment